This week’s study will focus on “Praying while ministering.: This case study will center on the importance of maintaining an attitude of prayer while at the same time remaining committed to the service of the Lord. The Lord knew that there would be times of frustration in the ministry. Moses was facing a very crucial moment in his ministry. So he took his concerns before the Lord. Although God had remained faithful to His people, they still complained against God and Moses. Moses interceded on behalf of the people through the avenue of prayer. How you respond to frustration while ministering to others is a good way to evaluate your level of spiritual maturity. On a scale of one to ten, with one being the lowest, how would you rate yourself (in terms of your level of spiritual maturity)? Enjoy your time with God!
- Read Number 14:11-20. In Moses’ prayer he reflects on the history, purpose and existence of the Children of Israel.
- According to this prayer, what was the purpose and the reason for the existence of the people of God?
- Read Exodus 3:1-12. What is the ministry to which Moses was called?
- Name the major event that had occurred in Moses’ ministry by the time of his prayer in the Book of Numbers 14:10-31
- Read Exodus 16:2-15. What was the miracle that God had performed in the sight of the Children of Israel?
- Stud Exodus 19:5-6. What are some of the promises that God had performed in the sight of the children of Israel?
- Read Exodus 32:1-8. Name at least three things that the Children of Israel did that angered God.
- Read Exodus 32:7-10 and Numbers 14:10-12. What was God’s response to the sins that the Children of Israel committed?