Rev. Keith G. Tyler, Sr. is the tenth pastor to serve Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, since the church was founded in 1926. Reverend Tyler joined accepted the call of God to pastor Antioch in 1998.
Profession of Faith
Reverend Tyler began his Christian walk early, professing a hope in Christ as a child. Rev. Tyler was baptized at the age of 8, by the late Rev. A.D. Jones, the then pastor of the Corinthian Missionary Baptist Church in Louisville, KY. He was eventually called to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in 1985, and in 1993, Rev. Tyler was appointed by his Pastor, Rev. Larry Houston, as Minister of Education of the Corinthian Missionary Baptist Church. Rev. Tyler would go on to be licensed and ordained into the Gospel Ministry, at Corinthian Missionary Baptist Church.
Reverend Tyler is the loving husband to Ronica Jackson Tyler Jackson, of Lexington, KY. He is also the proud father of four children; Keith Jr., Chiquita, Terkeisha and Journee.
Other Current Community Engagements
- Pesident – Interdenominational Pastoral Fellowship of Lexington and Vicinity
- President – Speigle Hill Community Center, Inc.
- Trustee – Simmons College of Kentucky, Louisville, KY.
- 2nd Vice President, Midwest Region, Progressive National Baptist Convention
- Member – Long Range Housing Authority Loan Review Board and Community Ventures, Lexington, KY.
Prior Community Engagements
- Pastor – Eastview Missionary Baptist Church in Madisonville, KY.
- Assistant to Rev. Walter Cosby, former Pastor of the Day Spring Baptist Church, Louisville, KY.
- Western Regional Kentucky Missionary for the General Association of Kentucky Baptists
- Founder and President – Beacon of Life Radio Ministry Broadcast
- Founder – Eastview Tutorial Skills Enhancement Community Ministry, Madisonville, KY.
- President – NAACP of Madisonville, KY. and Hopkins County
- Commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by Governor Paul E. Patton (1977)
- Recognition for participation and teaching skills in the Christian Education Department, “Sunday School Extravaganza” from the Central District Baptist Association of Kentucky
- Certificate of Appreciation – Hosting of the Stormarn Gospel Singers of Hamburg Germany on their first trip to the USA (2007).
Education & Honors
- Honorary Doctorate of Divinity – Saint Thomas Christian College in Jacksonville, Florida (May 31, 2008)
- B.A. degree in Ministry – Andersonville Theological Seminary, Camilla, GA.
- Valedictorian of the Lexington Bluegrass Area Minority Contractor Training Program (Class of 2005)
- Simmons Bible College, Louisville, KY.
- Hopkinsville College of the Bible, Hopkinsville, KY.
- Spencerian College of Business
- American Institute of Banking, Louisville, KY.
Under Rev. Tyler’s leadership, the membership at Antioch has more than tripled in size. Additional property has been purchased (list of properties purchased), the church’s parsonage mortgage has been liquidated, the church interior has been renovated, and 2 twelve passenger vans have been purchased. Four Deacons have been ordained, the church’s ministries have increased in number, youth mid-week services.
Rev. Tyler has inspired and encouraged the Antioch Family to develop “holistic” Christian Ministries that address the needs of the congregation and the community.
Rev. Tyler is a motivating teacher, an inspiring preacher, an anointed pastor, an innovative leader, and an energetic practitioner of the Christian faith. He finds joy in evangelizing and traveling across the nation, declaring that he is a “Born Again” man of God called by God to, “Open his mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the Gospel.” Ephesians 6:19.