Our vision is to draw men to the discipleship of Christ, and to uncover the spiritual gifts that we believe each of us has been blessed with, as Christian men, so as to utilize those gifts and talents for the overall benefit of the Church.
Our vision draws from the biblical scriptures: Proverbs 27:17, 1 Corinthians 12:7, 1 Corinthians 12:11, 1 Corinthians 12:14, and Ephesians 4:7.
We understand from these scriptures that:
- God has blessed each one of us with specific Gifts (or talents) (Eph 4:7), and that
- None of us are deserving of these gifts (or talents) nor did we or can we earn them. Instead,
- Different gifts (or talents) have been given unto each of us, and
- These gifts (talents) have been given unto us for the “common good” or benefit of the Church (1 Cor 12).
Our mission is to turn men into disciples (students) of Christ through biblical teachings and principles, with practical and applicable tools that will empower them to be responsible individuals and men of integrity, well equipped to lead positive and exemplary lives, and to be strong leaders in the Church, their homes and in their communities.
Our Objectives Are
- To Draw men to the discipleship of Christ (John 12:32)
- To Fellowship with the purpose of getting to know each other, and to empower each other
- To Mentor & Support each other in, and through times of spiritual, professional, personal and/or family difficulties, crisis or hardship
- To Serve our church and our local community by carrying out at least one volunteer service project per community, each given year
Our Theme for 2011 is:
Fishers of Men (Matthew 4:19)
Our officers are:
|Bro Broderick Guy||Chairman|
|Bro Joshua Dziba||Co-Chair|
|Bro Freddie Gillis||Treasurer|
|Bro Danny Lear||Acting Secretary|
WE have a number of activities we are planning for the year, and we welcome you to join us as we work to develop an active and effective Men’s Ministry that edifies The Church.
Please check the church’s calendar for our meeting dates and times.